The NESOI Short Study Tours are 3 unique opportunities to develop your knowledge and network onsite and meeting in person experts and professionals carrying similar energy transition projects as the ones you are carrying out and/or supporting on your island.
How to apply?
Download the updated version of NESOI Guide for Applicants (*) which includes useful information for building a successful application!
*Updated sections with new information include: Intro section 3 and new section 4.1.
What are the objectives of the SSTs?
- To stimulate and ensure knowledge exchange between NESOI projects beneficiaries and new applicants
- To offers staff exchange opportunities between islands for technicians and decision makers profiles
- To demonstrate NESOI success stories
- To encourage the exchange of best practices among islands
- Support potential replications of NESOI methodology
Where will the tours take place?
NESOI Consortium has arrange the hosting of the short study tours in 3 different European islands. Best practices and lesson learnt based on previous and ongoing projects will be presented during knowledge sharing sessions. Also, the hosts will organise interactive workshops and offer special guided site visits.
ASTYPALEA ISLAND (Greece)
When: 6 - 10 March 2023
Topics: Energy communities and e-mobility
Hosts: DAFNI & Astypalea Municipality
When: 27-31 March 2023
Topics: Decarbonisation of Ports and boats
Host: The Port Authority of Messina
THE ORKNEY ISLANDS (Scotland, UK)
When: 8-12 May 2023
Topics: Green H2 and marine renewable energies
Host: The European Marine Energy Centre Ltd (EMEC)
Who can participate?
The NESOI Erasmus programme aims to stimulate staff exchange between islands’ staff members. The NESOI ERASMUS call is open to candidates (“guests”) belonging to all kinds of organisations, which are public and private legal entities established in inhabited islands belonging to EU Member States (EU MS) or the UK; or one of the H2020 associated countries; or belonging to one of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) countries.
The candidates must comply with the following eligibility conditions:
- Be considered staff of the sending organization
- Be able to speak English,
- Have the rights and possibility to travel
- Have the endorsement of its employer
Do you have any questions?
If you cannot find the answer to your query in the "Guide for Applicants", you can contact our HELPDESK.