Every week the EU Island Facility NESOI will be sharing short summaries of the selected projects from the first open call.
So far six project briefs have been published, see the links below:
- The "Sustainable Estonian Islands" project will help the islands of Saaremaa and Hiiumaa in developing a realistic roadmap towards a sustainable island community.
- The "NERIDA" project will allow sustaining drinking water services and electromobility by integrating grid-tied and autonomous PV power on the Tilos island in Greece.
- The "Global renovation of public lighting in Corsica" project addresses the renovation of more than 20,000 lighting points by 2023 in Corsica, France.
- The "Development Of Consistent Key strategy of the Strait port system" project consists in elaborating the Environmental Energy Planning Document of Port Systems for the ports of Messina, Milazzo and Tremestieri, in Sicily, Italy.
- The "Smart, clean and green marinas in Naxos and Koufonisi" project (Greece) consists in the development of two smart, clean and green marinas, including various modern technologies orchestrated by a smart management platform.
- The "ARINDEC-GRANCANARIA" project will create a favourable environment for the implementation of an industrial energy community in the Arinaga Industrial Park, located in the Gran Canaria island, Spain.
For more information on the mentioned projects, feel free to contact the NESOI project managers and don't forget to visit the Island Stories section for more briefs in the coming weeks!