On 8 July 2021, the SMILE project partners and the Enterprise Europe Network organise an event raising awareness about the possibilities for a clean energy transition on different EU islands. The event is a unique opportunity to initiate and establish new international cooperations in the fields of, amongst others, renewable energy production, smart grids, electric mobility and energy storage solutions with the participants from multiple European countries. NESOI will contribute to the debate on clean energy islands.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM THE EVENT?
- information about the energy transition possibilities on European islands presented by Clean Energy for EU Islands Secretariat and NESOI
- experience, knowledge and best practices from the H2020 SMILE project
- interactive discussions on legal barriers & solutions, modelling renewable energy islands, and matching clean energy businesses to islands
- networking and matchmaking opportunities with international partnering of companies, research institutions and governmental authorities active on smart grids and sustainable islands
- possibilities for sector-specific exchange with international experts
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
SAVE THE DATE: 8 JULY 2021, 13:00 – 17:30 (CEST)
ABOUT THE SMILE PROJECT
The Smart Islands Energy System (SMILE) project is a collaboration of nineteen partners from various European countries and is funded by the European Union’s ‘Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme’. The project will demonstrate nine different smart grid technologies on three different islands. The end goal of the project is to foster the market introduction of these nine technologies.